I'm thinking of retiring... how long does it take to arrange everything?
We have recently come up with some new ideas for our website, to try and help members understand the stages involved in various processes. These include:
- Current members retiring
- Deferred members retiring normally
- Deferred members retiring early on ill health
In each case there are various stages to go through - and rather like a journey, in some cases it all goes smoothly, and in other cases, the journey is delayed somewhere along the line.
Here is the page with the various 'journeys':
- How can I top up my pension benefits?
- I've got my annual statement from you for my deferred benefits with GMPF. Where can I find out more about these?
- I currently draw a pension from GMPF. When is it paid into my bank account?
- Why does my tax sometimes vary each month?
- I'm drawing a pension from you - how does it increase in line with prices?
- I'm leaving my job - what are my choices with my pension?
- When are you open over the Christmas break, and how can I get in touch if you're closed?
- I draw a pension from you. How do I change the bank account it is paid into?
- Do I need to nominate someone to receive a pension when I die?
- I already pay AVCs with Prudential to top up my pension. How can I check on my AVCs?
- I currently pay into the fund. When will I be getting my annual statement?
- I've had a number of cold calls from people claiming to be pension companies... how do I know if its a scam?
- A colleague was telling me they had some 85 rule protection. Hasn't that been scrapped years ago?
- I've got deferred benefits with you. When will I be getting my annual statement?
- What day is my GMPF pension paid on?
- When will this year's pension statements be coming out?
- What is the COPE amount in my state pension?
- Can I take some tax free cash from my pension before I retire?